Sunday, November 21, 2010

Our first bit of holiday cheer

I swear I haven't given up on posting with pictures. I'll break the camera out again some day.

So my son almost made me cry in the middle of Target last night-- and not for the reasons he typically evokes strong emotion from me while we are shopping. As a group at church we've filled Christmas stockings for the Salvation Army for a couple years now. Since E is never at a loss to point out all the things he'd like for Christmas, this year I wanted him to make most of the decisions about what to put in the one we were filling for a little girl. We had a nice little talk about what we were going to do and why we were going to do it then headed out on our quest to fill the stocking.

First we picked up a few little essentials at Dollar Tree. He was cracking me up as he's walk from thing to thing saying "His would lub this!" (no he doesn't have the pronouns down) and "Oh sooo cute" and "get that one cuz it's sparkly and hers would like it".

After the dollar store, we headed to Target to get a few more toys. As I stopped in the clothing to pick up some gloves, E wandered off a little ways to the decor department. He then came back with a purple unicorn pillow pal. So sweetly he said "Hers would Lub this mommy" and showed it to me. For months now he's been consistently asking for a pillow pal and he must have figured that if he wanted one so badly she must want one too. I felt horrible when I had to tell him that it was too big and wouldn't fit in the stocking. He looked bummed, said "oh, cuz her would lub it", then walked back over and put it back. Shockingly he didn't ask for one for himself and then continued on to the toy department to find something smaller that "her will lub".

I was so proud of my little dude. He really does have a heart of gold, you just have to dig around a little sometimes to find it.

3 comments:

tori said...

I lub E! xo gtori

brit said...

Cute kid. Also, I am just going to come out and say it, we looked super hot on Let's Make a Deal."

ALLRED FAMILY said...

So sweet. Lub it!