Monday, November 29, 2010

Capturing the moment

E right now--

He is still as energetic as ever. I doubt he'll ever grow out of it. He is also super animated. He is a living caricature.
I still think his eyes light when he smiles.
One of his favorite things to do is recount things that have happened. He'll recount entire conversations complete with actions. About an hour ago he came in and described how he rode the "elevator ride" and how his legs kept flying out. His eyes got big as he explained how he went up and down.
Along those same lines, he can quote entire movies.
More and more it is obvious that he really does have a tender heart. Just last week he found a grub of some sort in the backyard. He brought it in and said "oh, Mommy, look. A baby caterpillar. How cute. Awww". I told him he should take it back outside so that it's mommy and daddy could find it. He went out for about two minutes and came back in saying with his bottom lip sort of sticking out, "His mommy and daddy can't find him. E Melton take care of him". He took him back outside and built it a little house and then gave him a little leaf blanket so he could take a nap. One of my other favorite things is his crazy imagination. Today he came in dressed as my knight in shining armor and called me princess all day. He went off and slew a couple dragons for me. It's nice to be called a princess, especially at moments when you are still in your pajamas and haven't showered for the day. Misses right now-
She is super girly. She loves pretty things and loves dressing nice.

That little girl came out being independent and acts at least double her age.
She can bust a move with the best of them. I love it when she shakes her little hips but love it even more when she starts mixing up the moves in a sort of Elaine from Seinfeld approach to dancing.
I love that she can follow directions-- of course only when she chooses to.
I love her little voice. It still makes me smile to hear her little "peas", "ank you", "hi" and "bye" with her tiny little wave.

Miss A cracks me up when we go shopping because she insists on carrying the bags using her little elbow as a hook. It looks ridiculous since the bags are usually about her same size.
The little one is extremely coordinated and adventurous. She'll climb anything she thinks is worth it. Fortunately, she hasn't decided to climb out of bed yet.She loves being a little mommy to her dolls and always cuddles with and gives little kisses to her stuffed animal.
She gives the best little kisses and the biggest hugs.

Just like her brother, she is very energetic and very animated as well. Her expressions say a lot. The little girl is almost always singing. Every now and then I can actually tell what she is trying to sing, but for the most part, it's just a song from her heart.

2 comments:

angiehd said...

Sweet, sweet little children! As I've said before, I LOVE reading your blog!

angiehd said...

Sweet, sweet little children! As I've said before, I LOVE reading your blog!