Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Sippy Cup Saga

I don't know what it is at our house but sippy cups just don't last that long. Our dog doesn't chew anything up but for some reason she has taken out two sippy cups, the most recent met it's demise while E and I were at the park today. We've also lost a few cups (mostly the disposable ones) due to the lack of desire of washing after being found hiding for days or even weeks under the couch, in the car, in a closet, you name it with milk still in it. Gross. The number one culprit for taking a sippy cup out of action is loosing the little clear plugs (like the Playtex cups have) that go in the top. Despite having a little mesh basket thing in the dishwasher without fail the darn little plugs disappear just like you favorite sock in the dryer. Recently we've switched to the cup that just have the one big white plug hole (like Gerber) but they have let me down because as E shakes his cup the plug falls out and then we get milk sprayed everywhere and any where. I'd like to just do away with the whole sippy cup things but E just likes playing with liquid way too much and has this think with turning things over when he is done with them. Yes, I do realize that most of my sippy cup drama could be resolved with a little extra parental supervision, but I'm just not on top of my game enough right now to be able to commit to that kid of responsibility:) So until I get my act together does anyone out there have a good sippy cup recommendation?

5 comments:

The Dixon Family said...

We use the Gerber ones and do occasionally have leakage problems. But I like them b/c of their grip and the size. Sorry . . .


Gavin is 4 (and Reese for that matter) and has to have a sippy cup of juice while laying in my bed watching cartoons every morning. I like to call it his "morning coffee".

Nadia said...

I just started using Nuby sippy cups. They don't have that additional attachment, which is one of the major reasons I bought them. SO FAR they haven't leaked. If you give them a try, let me know what you think. :)

Tina said...

I like the nuby ones too, or the disposable ones. At Walmart you can get the replacement plugs for both the playtex and gerber cups. we used the playtex because the seal couldn't be shaken out.

brit said...

I've got nothin. But I do really enjoy these little peeks into your super weird mom life. :)

angiehd said...

I surely do love your blogs. When B was a tiny boy, the last sippy cups I bought were made by Ziplock. I loved them, primarily because it was easier to wash dried crud out of the rubber part than the other cups were. Unfortunately, about the time the label should have said something instead of "Patent Pending," they were no longer to be seen. I guess there was a problem with the patent. We still use the cup part, since they were just regular cups with good lids...