Friday, September 26, 2008

My first time

I’ve been tagged. I’m supposed to list 5 of my quirks. It took me a while to come up with them because everything I do is normal to me, so how am I supposed to know if it is quirky. Here I go.

1. I’m obsessed with keeping my eyebrows plucked. My nervous habit is to rub between by eyes so if it is not smooth is drives me crazy. Problem is I am constantly loosing tweezers. Seriously, I own like 5 pairs because I can never find the ones I already have.


2. Br says one of my quirks is the need to sleep with a fan on no matter how hot of how cold. It’s a little more specific than that. The thing is it has to be a quiet ceiling fan. I don’t do terribly well with the ones that blow directly on you. I think that I like to snuggle with the blankets but most of the time it is too hot to really have a blanket on so the fan helps.

3. In contrast to #2, despite liking to snuggle with blankets I can’t cuddle with Br when we sleep. I love him a lot and think he is hot, but I just can’t do it. It took me forever to be able to handle sleeping in the same bed with someone every night. I can’t touch someone while I sleep. For that matter I hate when people touch me to wake me up. If you ever have to wake me up… and I don’t know why you would… don’t touch me. It won’t be good.

4. Since I’m already on the lines of sleeping, let’s talk about my dreams. I frequently dream about being a lifeguard again or moving back into the resident halls (with E and Br) I lived in when doing my undergraduate work so that I could be an RA again. I think I have these dreams because they are the two jobs I had the longest or consumed the most time in my life for YEARS. I think they were both “happy places” for me during different periods of time. Funny thing is I’m now recently having dreams that I’m on reality tv (maybe that says something about how much tv I’ve been watching). More than once I’ve dreamt I was on Project Runway even though I don’t have any clue about fashion or designing clothes. Heidi Klum is so nice to me anyway.

5. I don’t like calling people. It mostly applies to people I don’t know at all or am skeptical about then actually wanting me to call. I don’t know why. I loved when email, texting, the internet and automated answering services became the norm because they gave me means to circumvent the call. It’s not that I don’t like talking to people on the phone, it’s just that I don’t like making the call for some reason. As I’ve become a mom and I have to make calls for E I’m becoming more comfortable with it… but don’t tell Br because I usually have him make calls for me.

That make all 5. So I guess I am supposed to tag people.... I choose Allie, Jessica, and Nate (only because I know he is the real author behind his family blog... Patty can do it if she wants though)

If want to do it just follow these rules:
1. Tell about 5 quirks you have.
2. Tag 3 fellow bloggers and leave a comment to let them know

4 comments:

Kimpromptu said...

You know what - I can't stand to be touched when I'm sleeping either. Nothing makes me crankier than to have someone shake me to wake me up. Poor Nate - he's such a cuddler. Thanks for sharing

Loralee said...

I love the lifeguard dream/Happy place thing!!! That is great!

brit said...

Life guarding was my happy place too. Well, specifically when the pool was empty and there were 6 of us there and we just blasted music. That is when we first fell in love!

angiehd said...

I agree with #3 (being touched when I'm sleeping) and #5 (making phone calls). My mother-in-law was offended for years that I wouldn't call her EVERY WEEK! It still bugs her, but she's getting over it, after 17 years. I get nervous calling my own brothers. I used to cry if it was my turn to call for pizza, although the medication helps a bit with that. Thank heavens for online Dominos Pizza.