Thursday, October 2, 2008

My Little Protégé

E and I have had a fabulous day today. The highlight was when I got fed up with the old bananas on my counter and decided to make banana bread for Br's seminary class tomorrow. Typically when I bake I try to distract E and work as fast as I can. Without fail, within minutes he'll start crying, grabbing my legs and wanting me to pick him up (although if I was doing anything else he'd be so mad at me for picking him up). Today I decided to experiment and let him help me. We washed our hands and he managed to keep them out of his mouth (and nose) the whole time we were baking. I measured everything for him and he dumped it in. He cracked the eggs for me and I put them in. He watched the mixer go and we managed to get through the whole thing without him sticking his hands in the batter. Success! Over the past few weeks he really seems to be showing me that he is growing up. Baking by 2. Full course meals by 3. I'll never have to cook dinner again!

5 comments:

Nadia said...

That is so awesome. Your cute little friend is going to be an awesome cook with a mom like you! He is so adorable in those pictures.

Party of Two said...

Look at you with your on sous chef in the making! Too awesome!

brit said...

Those pics are great! And I am so impressed with your ambition and patience. I have thrown away many a rotten banana that I had intended to bake with. In fact, I am not sure I have ever made banana bread. Oh well.

brit said...

Also that clock in your "creative outlet" slide show totally rocks. Did you make that? You must tell me how!

Amy said...

Can I send Liam over to your exclusive cooking classes?