Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I got implants...

...dental implants that is. Well, I guess I only got one major step done, but that is progress. I lost two of my baby teeth probably close to 20 years ago and adult teeth never grew in. Shortly thereafter I got my first orthodontic appliance. A rapid palate expander, braces, MANY MANY retainers ( I melted some and broke others-- I once lost one of my fake teeth during water polo practice and had to find it 12 feet underwater), and a couple flippers later and I FINALLY found myself in the chair yesterday for the first of the three-stage process of getting myself a permanent smile. The surgery wasn't bad at all. I just cranked up my music whenever I could hear the sound of bone scraping or drilling. I enjoyed a very nice pain killer induced nap after I got home yesterday and was secretly a little sad that I wasn't in pain when I woke up this morning so I didn't need Br to stay home from work so I could stay in bed all day. I know, I'm being a little silly. Although nobody in my family was really rivaling me, it will be safe to say that by the end of this I will have the most expensive set of chompers. In any event, I'm super excited that after YEARS of waiting for this whole process of replacing two silly little teeth with finally be over.

3 comments:

Kelly2 said...

Glad to hear everything went well. Can't wait to see those pearly whites!

brit said...

Oh you have been wanting this for years. How exciting.

Wendi said...

Did our ol' Wasatch friend do the honors???