Monday, March 21, 2011

Getting Hitched

A couple weekends ago we took a quick little trip to Albucrazy for my little brother's wedding. The drive was actually relatively painless. If it hadn't been so annoying, Miss A asking "Where a going?" over and over and over again would have been a little comical. Miss A-" Where a going?" Me- "Albuquerque". Miss A- "Oh, Albeekirkey!" Then less than a minute later "Where a going?". AHHHHHH!

We rolled into town with just a little time to stretch our legs before a little family dinner my mom hosted the night before the wedding.

I had done a lot of the flower prep work at home but then spent the rest of the night and every moment up until the reception putting together a "cake".
Luckily my sisters stepped in and put together the groom's "cake". I'm giving them all the credit because my game plan for the design literally fell apart. What I enjoyed most of all was the quality sister time we managed to sneak in as we turned scrap Styrofoam into a cake and somehow managed to keep the doughnut tower from toppling. The ceremony at the temple was nice and the weather for pictures after was PERFECT. I have to be honest. I'm a little jealous of their reception. It was beautifully simple and classy. My dad even put together a little band to play live music throughout the night. I loved the whole thing. The whole thing went off without any major drama (although my sisters and I were all able to get a Bingo on our "dysfunctional family bingo" cards -- I'm pretty certain anyone could win at any family gathering dysfunctional or not).

The next morning we slept in and met up at my nephew's soccer game. We showed up but the other team only had 2 players and no ref. My little sister stepped in as the official and E got to make his soccer comeback for the opposing team. Despite the fact that he never managed to stay in the game for more than 2 minutes when he was playing last fall, he played 3 full quarters. I was so proud of him. The rest of the days we all sort of just laid low and enjoyed each other's company. E had the time of his life with his buddy cousin P. We were a little sad when we had to go home.

5 comments:

lovethenewkidney said...

LOVE THIS BLOG!!!

Kelly2 said...

The wedding pictures are amazing! Did you and Brad take those? The cakes turned out incredibly too. Way to go, everyone.

Lori said...

I can't believe our little brothers are old enough to be married! Thanks for sharing the pictures. I'm glad it was a wonderful day!

Be, Br, E and A said...

Kelly- These are my pics. Their wedding pics will be AMAZING. I'm talking like art work. They had a REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY Good Professional Photographer. I'm hoping to snag a few pics from them. I'm crossing my fingers.

AuntieM said...

I actually enjoyed your pictures more than the "professional blog" because I wanted to see family, also you gave props to my brother/your dad.

Completely biased,
AuntieM