Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Success

I swear my next post will have photos.

So in the last little while I was in a little bit of a slump. I think it was mostly fueled by the fact that I realized there was no way I was going to be skinny by the time pictures would be taken at my brother's wedding which was a goal that was really important to me. I got over the fact that there was nothing I could do to make my goal in such a short time but as I was thinking about it I realized that it has been a while since I've had success. I'm not talking a huge success like winning an award, losing 30 pounds or saving someone's life or anything like that. I don't know what had been happening but it had been a while since I'd even had a little success like getting all the laundry washed AND folded, staying on top of my to-do list, or keeping my house from falling into shambles. I got a little overwhelmed and discouraged. After a weekend away from my typical day to day activities, I'm finally feeling like I'm out of my slump and have a new resolve to have a successful week (meaning I'm going to stick to my healthy eating plan and exercise, get my house back to a less chaotic state, fold some laundry, make some dinner and maybe, just maybe cross everything off my to-do list). I can do it!

6 comments:

Kelly2 said...

You go, girl!

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

Good Luck!!!! I'll be rooting for you!!! BECKY BECKY SHE'S OUR GAL IF SHE CAN"T DO IT NO ONE SHALL!!!

brit said...

I think we all have phases like that. It is good to have goals but don't get too hard on yourself. You take on and accomplish more than most anyone else I know.

tori said...

Wow - very admirable of you to put that all out there. You are an amazing woman, more than you realize right now. The season you are in demands a lot of your time for others. Before you know it your children will be older and more able to care for themselves. Then you will have some of your time and life back.
love you lots!!!

Loralee said...

You are so darn fabo, Ms. Becky. You are the definition of success.

AuntieM said...

My dear niece, you are WAAY, way too hard on yourself. You have successes constantly, maybe you just don't see them as such. I admire you! I consider you quite accomplished. If our roles were reversed, you could be my mentor!

xox
AuntieM