Friday night we were BORED!! After throwing around lots of ideas of how to pass the night we finally came to the conclusion that it was a blanket fort night. It is a mild travesty that E has made it to age 4 without experiencing a blanket fort so while Br was off with the kids picking up some frozen pizza for dinner I threw together a blanket fort. The kid's excitement after returning to their surprise was a little short-lived. E ended up being really sad because in his mind he'd decided that the "surprise" he was promised upon his return was going to be a very particular Lego set (I have no idea what gave him this impression). A's fun ended when she impaled herself one too many times on the chairs and overturned stools I used to keep the fort upright. I'm not sure why she insisted on trying to jump on the outside of the fort.
We did manage to have a few more moments of smiles while we roasted marshmallows but it wasn't long before Br and I realized the grand plan of activities and adventures we'd planned for our fort weren't going to be happening with the kids in their semi-cranky mood. So we put the kids to bed a little early and laid inside by ourselves and enjoyed our movie and popcorn. Not necessarily what we planned, but still a great night.
No comments:
Post a Comment