Monday, June 7, 2010

A good day

I'll be open and honest, days can be pretty rough around the Melton house. There is lots of crying, shoving, biting, hitting, taking of things, and time-outs. We are still working on how to play nicely with our sister. Needless to say things can get a little tense around here when we don't get out much. A little while back I got overly excited about the reopening of the neighborhood pool (a place I hope to be able to escape to when we get a little stir crazy this summer) and I prematurely announced to Mr. E that the pool would be opening the next day. He immediately ran to his room and put on his swim suit and demanded to go swimming. Fortunately I had picked up a little pool the week before so I set it up in the backyard to help undo the damage I'd created. After we finally got over the drama of having to share the pool we actually had a really good time.

You'll have to humor me while I post WAY too many pictures of my kids. The occasions of playing together are so few and far between and I love to see my kids smile.
Can you tell who dressed himself?The best part of the day was watching Mr. E willingly share his favorite snack with Miss A. She loves him so much. It was such a genuinely good moment.

2 comments:

tori said...

Oh my gosh. These are adorable pictures! I need to get some prints made!

lovethenewkidney said...

Are those Puff Pops seriously E's fav snack? Awesome! Cute pics! Cute kids!