My baby turned 1

I’m having a little bit of a hard time accepting it. Maybe that is why I kept putting off planning her birthday party. Despite the lack of planning we still had a nice LITTLE celebration. The theme was Miss A and the purple crayon, inspired by the book Harold and the Purple Crayon. Here’s the invite.






Because she is not as excited as her brother is about large groups we only had a few friends over to help us celebrate (so please don't be offended if you miss it). We were excited to have Grandma Tori, Jojo, and Auntie B come out and help put the party together. Thank you for all of your help. It was so great to have you.
The backyard was decorated with white and purple streamers, balloons, pinwheels, banners, and tissue paper pompoms (my friend Amy introduced me to them from Martha Stewart.com) and a few characters from the book. We lined things in purple tape to try and make them look like they were drawn with a purple crayon.

We had some of Miss A’s favorite’s: coloring, bubbles, playing outside and the bounce house.
It’s hard to find purple food so the menu just consisted of blue corn tortilla chips and dip, mini blueberry muffins, purple goldfish, and blueberries and black berries (I forgot to put grapes on the shopping list). To round out the meal a little we also grilled up some hot dogs. I had dreams to dying the condiments purple and making purple buns from scratch and then I realized there were other things in life that I could find to fill my time. For dessert we had purple velvet cupcakes and little pie cupcakes (in the book Harold makes a picnic of his nine favorite pies). 
I’m a little embarrassed at how little time I was able to put into Miss A’s cake—not my finest work. She surprised me in how little she ate. It wasn’t long before she was begging to stop.


This look reminds me of how I feel after I’ve stuffed my face with things I shouldn’t eat.
Like usual, E really enjoyed himself and his cupcake.
I think that by the time present opening rolled around Miss A was done partying. Although E was super excited about new toys.
We had a purple candy bar for the adults to put together a party favor and we found a few little purple toys for the kids to take home.
Overall it was a really nice evening. Happy Birthday Babes! How 'bout we do it again in about a year?
4 comments:
Fabulous as usual! She is a doll!
Wow! Looks like fun! Cute, cute, cute! You'll have to teach me how to make those pom poms. LOVE THEM!!!! Go Martha!
Very festive. And I love the purple tutu. Are those cupcake sized pies easy to make? They look awesome and I am suddenly in the mood for cherry pie.
The cupcake sized pies are actually not pie at all, just cupcakes. They have a little butter cream covered in a little raspberry filling, M&Ms, and a frosting "crust". Really really easy to make.
Post a Comment