Sunday, September 20, 2009

Productive Weekend

It's official... We have decorated... some. We've lived in this house for 4 and a half months and hadn't hung a single thing on the walls. Pathetic, I know. This weekend we tried to remedy that issue. There was a lot of bare wall so there are still quite a few more nails and hooks that need to be hammered in but we definitely put a dent in our decorating needs. Hopefully it won't take another 4 months to make more progress.

Those who know me know that I probably won't choose to have leopard print wall paper but after taking down wall paper in two smaller bathrooms I decided to find a way to make it cute. I found an idea to make these Styrofoam animals on Michael's website.


Miss A's room is almost completely finished. I can't really take credit for this one since I stole the design from Pottery Barn Kids.


This idea came from about a billion versions of it I found on creative people's blogs. Here's the pattern.


I used the extra material from the birds to make some butterflies

I got this pattern from Heather Bailey's site. The "A" was a gift from a friend here in OK.



I also finally got up some of the decor my sister helped me pick out when she was here way back at the beginning of July. Thanks for you help Jess. Sorry it took me so long to get it up.



After a long day or cleaning and hanging we had people over to watch football and eat Br's yummy burgers. During the game a friend and I planned our upcoming culinary group Halloween dinner party. I'm pretty sure you all know how much I love themed parties. I can barely contain my excitement.


I didn't have to wait until October to get the creative juices flowing. Br's office asked me to make a cake for a co worker's 50th birthday. Here it is:

The design was a request, but I have to admit that it wasn't too far out of my repertoire considering the septic cake I made my boss a couple years ago. By the way-- I apologize for having pictures of two toilets in this post.

4 comments:

Lori said...

You are amazing! I need to get some of your creative juices!

ALLRED FAMILY said...

HAHAHA! I want to say "ew" and "ahhh" at the toilet cake! HAHA! I love it!!

I love the design of your little girl's room. Very cute!

ashes said...

I love you!!!!

Wendi said...

Oh, how I miss you! It warms my heart that you have found kindred, theme-throwing party hosting friends. It will be event not be missed, I am sure.

I love the decorating. When I get pregnant can you come visit NM and decorate our baby room???