Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wish you could see what we see

A couple weeks ago E went to get the mail but urgently called me over as soon as he got to the box. He said, "Shhh, I hear something". I almost passed it off because all I hear was birds chirping which isn't uncommon in or neighborhood in spring. But then I realized that the chirping was coming from inside the box, or I guess under the box. Somehow a mother bird managed to fit in the small crack between the box and the brick that surrounds it to build a nest for her three or four chicks. I tried to take a picture of it, but like I said it is a SMALL opening so you'll just have to believe E if he tells you his mailbox chirps.
(by the way if you look closely you'll notice my son likes to accessorize too)

No comments: