Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My backseat thinker

One of my favorite lines written by Dave Matthews is "funny when you're small. The moon follows the car". Which is why I got a huge smile on my face when I heard E in the backseat say, "Mom, why the moon following me?" Although I do most of my best thinking in the shower, and unfortunately right before bed, E does his best thinking in the car. Driving to or from anywhere there is never a shortage of why's or 4-year-old philosophy coming from E's seat. He discovered that at certain times of day the lighting makes his "ghost" appear floating over his head in his reflection in the rearview mirror. My most recent favorite episode came this weekend. E suddenly said, "Mom. I need to tell you something. I have water coming from my head. It's coming from my head. Then it drips down my face by my eyes." Ahh, the sound of my son discovering he sweats.

No comments: