Thursday, May 19, 2011

A big fish story...

... Well, I guess it is more of an average fish story. After YEARS of asking to go fishing, and I mean all the time, we finally took E fishing. We met up with his "big friends" and did a little fishing.

Miss A was super excited as well, although she really wanted to do it all herself and nearly hooked half of her big friends trying to wrestle the pole
away from anyone who tried to help (which freaked me out given my history of hooking people/myself).

It was almost comical how fast everyone started catching fish. I'm not exaggerating when I say fishing went exactly like this:

put a piece of bacon on the hook, cast, short pause,
bobber bobbing, reel in a fish,

have daddy take it off the hook, throw it back and then start it all over again. And it wasn't even the same fish being caught. This happened over and over again. I'm sure the fact that the water was super low due to the drought helped our cause. I'm pretty sure E isn't going to be in for a rude awakening when he finds out that fishing is usually more of a test of patience than immediate results.
In any event E caught a few.
Miss A caught some too. In fact, she caught the biggest fish of the night on her first cast. The night was so much fun, it was worth ruining a few pairs of shoes in the process.

1 comment:

Kelly2 said...

My boys will be so jealous when I show them these pictures. It must be something in the air because they are begging to go fishing every day too, and they haven't been in years.

By the way, these are awesome pictures.