It was early in the month when I discovered E LOVES Halloween. One of our neighbors decorated their house at the end of September (I guess they really like Halloween too) and E saw it as we passed it on a walk. He decided that since the outside looked so festive it must mean there was a party going on inside and insisted on going in. I tried to explain that there wasn't anything special going on inside but asked him if he wanted to help me plan a pumpkin party later in the month. He agreed but of course every time we left the house he asked if we were on our way to play at the pumpkin house. Nearly every conversation E had this month has involved, pumpkins, bones (skeletons), ghosts, bats, spiders, or witches. Every night he's slept with some sort of Halloween decoration, toy or costume. And so the month long Halloween celebration began.
I spent the first few days of the month putting together costumes. I rounded up scrap material and made a little Snow White dress for Miss A. As I was trying to make the scraps look like a dress I soon realized that my hopes of being on Project Runway one day were never going to come true (I've since started dreaming that I was on Top Chef although I don't really cook either). By the time I was finished with A's costume I didn't have much left in me for making E's costume so he ended up being Peter Pan made out of a cut up green polo shirt, scrap cloth belt, and a hat and sword made out of a piece of felt (I figured after the dress debacle I should try to avoid as much sewing as possible). 
2 comments:
I didn't know you made those costumes! They look fantastic! Very cute.
I am obsessed with that little Snow White. And don't even get me started on Peter Pan.
Post a Comment