You know why I should have known better?... I live through these scenes all the time. Just to demonstrate why I should have just avoided the whole thing, here is a picture of E as excited as can be in one of his favorite places-- the gift shop you get dumped in right after the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.
Thursday, October 29, 2009
A Pirate's life for him
A store at the mall had a Halloween sing-a-long this morning. I thought, "hey won't that be fun. E love Halloween and he loves singing. This will be great!" Silly me. Of course the free event was strategically placed at the back of the store. I immediately knew the fate of our outing when the first display to our right was a pirate ship. No, I didn't get to sing-a-long to a single song. I watched E play with the pirate ship display, then the castle, then a truck and then a doll house before he grabbed yet a different boat and tried to open it. That's when I had a very dramatic exit pushing a stroller with a two year old under my arm kicking and screaming "Booooooooat!". That exclamation continued all the way home. I should have known better.
This is the "before" picture. After this we passed many, many, many bins of swords, hooks, and guns strategically placed along the exit path. We didn't need an "after" picture because the memory of E screaming "swoooooooooooooooord" for hours through the Magic Kingdom is forever engraved in my mind. It doesn't take a marketing genius to get my son to want to buy something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment