The first weekend of the month my mom came up to go with me to the Tulsa Sugar Art Show and National Wedding Cake competition. The show is put on my Kerry Vincent (for those of you who watch the food network cake challenges she is the judge with the accent who always wears the braided headband thing). We actually met her but unfortunately the camera ran out of batteries right as I was snapping the picture of my mom with her. We enjoyed watching demos by three of the guys who have done the FN challenges. There was also a demo by Stanton Ho who was on the American gold medal winning pastry team. I was only able to sit through a fourth of the demos but I got a lot of it. We also walked around and looked at the cakes people submitted to the show and watched most of a timed cake competition. It inspired me to make a cake for the show next year. There's a kids division so maybe I'll work with E over the next year to teach him to make a cake to enter too.
#2 Miss A turned a third of a year old.
I want her to stay small but she wants to be big. She thinks her older brother is absolutely hilarious. She is super smiley (despite the fact that we can never capture that in a picture) and talkative and almost always wants to be standing when held (actually she's been that way for months). I'm pretty sure she is convinced she is on the verge of walking (although she's not) and I know she is really frustrated with the fact that she can't quite crawl. Why can't she just be content sitting and smiling like other babies? This one is going to keep me on my toes! 
#4 Miss A had her first meal from a spoon.

She really liked it but was having a hard time grasping the idea that her tongue should stay in her mouth rather than stick out when there is food on it so we are holding off just a little while on making this a regular event.
2 comments:
I think that is great you want to enter a cake! It would be fabulous! She just keeps getting cuter and cuter!
Look at all that hair!! I love her little curls. And I think any cake you make will be amazing. But I really liked the King Julian one!!
Post a Comment