Thursday, September 4, 2008

First Days for my boys

Earlier this week was the first day of class for both of the guys in my life. Br is teaching early morning seminary this year and so his day started bright and early. In a world where I was more loving and supportive I would have gotten up and made him breakfast before he left but since I wasn't doing that when he was leaving the house hours closer to the time I actually get out of bed, the best I could do was bake a pan of Pillsbury cinnamon rolls the night before and leave them on the counter for him to eat on his way out the door.

On the same day E had his very first day of day school. Signing him up was very last minute and pretty spontaneous. I thought he'd freak out since I'd just gone and picked him up from his visit with JoJo for two weeks. It didn't even phase him though. He walked right in, found the toys and didn't even notice when I left. When I came to pick him up that afternoon he was just hanging out at the door waving and talking to everyone happy as could be. I think he figured he was finally going to be selected by his new parents. He was sitting there like the cutest puppy in the pet store window waiting to be taken home. Luckily he wasn't upset when he finally saw me.

1 comment:

ALLRED FAMILY said...

wow, he's in school...I bet he's a little genius just like his mama!