Today I took three trips to Target within an hour and a half. Why you might ask? In a quest to get 4 boxes of 12 count pop tarts for $1. The first time I pulled into the parking lot I realized that I had grabbed the wrong sheet of coupons. Problem easily solved with a relatively quick run home. It wasn't until trip 2 that I actually walked through the doors. I went straight to the pop tart section to make my selection. They were 4 for $9 and when you buy 4 of any of their selected products you get a $5 gift card. Throw in 4 $.50 off target web coupons and $1 manufacturer coupon and my net was $.25 a box. I picked up a few more things and went to checkout. Halfway through the checkout I realized I didn't have my wallet. I tried to get the guy to stop scanning but he was way too into his job. He said he'd just hold the stuff for me while I went and got my wallet. I would have been tempted to just leave the stuff there at the checkout indefinitely, but it was all bagged up in the bags I brought to the store (I'm trying to fight against the mountain of plastic sacks accumulating in my laundry room). Plus the thrill of such a good deal was pulling me back to my discounted treasures. I loaded E in, drove home and back again. E was not happy when I walked back in those big red doors again. In the end I completed my mission of obtaining near free toaster pastries, but I am left asking myself... "was it worth it?".Thursday, September 4, 2008
All in the name of cheap toaster pastries
Today I took three trips to Target within an hour and a half. Why you might ask? In a quest to get 4 boxes of 12 count pop tarts for $1. The first time I pulled into the parking lot I realized that I had grabbed the wrong sheet of coupons. Problem easily solved with a relatively quick run home. It wasn't until trip 2 that I actually walked through the doors. I went straight to the pop tart section to make my selection. They were 4 for $9 and when you buy 4 of any of their selected products you get a $5 gift card. Throw in 4 $.50 off target web coupons and $1 manufacturer coupon and my net was $.25 a box. I picked up a few more things and went to checkout. Halfway through the checkout I realized I didn't have my wallet. I tried to get the guy to stop scanning but he was way too into his job. He said he'd just hold the stuff for me while I went and got my wallet. I would have been tempted to just leave the stuff there at the checkout indefinitely, but it was all bagged up in the bags I brought to the store (I'm trying to fight against the mountain of plastic sacks accumulating in my laundry room). Plus the thrill of such a good deal was pulling me back to my discounted treasures. I loaded E in, drove home and back again. E was not happy when I walked back in those big red doors again. In the end I completed my mission of obtaining near free toaster pastries, but I am left asking myself... "was it worth it?".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
TOTALLY!!!
My interest is peaked! What coupon thing are you doing? I would have done the same thing, especially for pop tarts.
I totally understand! It's amazing what I'll do to get something cheap.
If they are the Smores flavored Pop Tarts they are TOTALLY worth it, lol
I think those tarts actually cost you $17.56 with the gas you spent!!! Totally kidding you. I am loving this couponing...somewhat. It's taking me while to see how to do it still.
This is what happens to me EVERY time I try to coupon shop. I finally gave up. Ugh. I'm just glad to hear I'm not the only one out there who leaves the house without her head screwed on exactly right that day! :)
Post a Comment