Thursday, August 28, 2008

Just me, Br, and Fay

So for 4 years I've been saying that we never really got a honeymoon. I think Br hates it because we did sort of have one and then he's taken me on trips since but it wasn't until our trip last week that I finally feel fulfilled. E has been at JoJo's house for a week and a half now and so we decided to take a quick trip to Orlando (sorry to family in Florida that we still haven't visited... we really didn't think that we were going to make it there until our plaen took off.) Tropical storm Fay also decided to visit Florida just before we set off and liked it so much that when she got to the Atlantic ocean, she turned back around and decided to head across FL again while we were there. Fortunately she left one day before we did so we had a sunny ride to the airport.

I'm not complaining though since we've been to Orlando a couple times all at different seasons and it's poured down rain on us every time. So to me Florida=rain, not quite in harmony with their nickname of the sunshine state. Tip to anyone who plans on doing a theme park in the rain-- Ponchos while wearing shorts is the way to go. They are lighter and worked way better than the rain jackets we have previously tried. Also make sure your shoes are waterproof or just wear crocs so the water can flow back out of your shoes. And if the wind picks up while it's raining take cover. There's nothing that can help you then.
Here are my top ten favorite things about the trip:
10. Truffle cream sauce- We ate a the steak house in the Canadian pavilion at Epcot. They had the best pretzel bread sticks ever. YUMMY. My entree came with mushroom risotto with a truffle cream sauce. I forgot there was a truffle sauce on it. I watch a lot of iron chef America and I've always wondered if I would like truffles. Turns out I think I do. YUMMY YUMMY. Since this was sort of our anniversary dinner the waitress brought us a celebratory chocolate mouse. mmmmm.


9. Animal Kingdom - My two favorites at animal kingdom happen to be right next to each other-- Finding Nemo the musical and Expedition Everest. Everest is like the Matterhorn at Disneyland on steroids. You go up. You go down. You go backwards into the dark and then have no idea what you are doing only to find yourself up against a huge Yeti. I love conquering the Yeti. Nemo is a really really fun show. The only down side is that the benches that you have to sit on are SO uncomfortable. I feel silly because I cried a bit at the end when Nemo realized how much he loves his dad and then bubble fell from the ceiling. It made me miss E a lot. I know he would have LOVED the bubbles.

8. Toy story mania- This is a new ride at Hollywood studios. Most of you know how much I love Toy Story (Evident by E's first birthday party where I decorated my house like Andy's room, Wood's roundup, pizza planet, and Al's Toy barn. It's good this ride was not open before I threw the party or I think I might have killed myself trying to duplicate it. We had to wait in like for an hour and 45 minutes but luckily the line wrapped around in Andy's room. Everything was sized as if we were toys. My favorite was the Mr. Potato head there that talked to the crowd and told jokes. It was awesome. He is my favorite character and inspiration for E's party last year. Oh, and the ride itself was really fun too.

7. Our room-Br traveling all the time has finally paid back just a little. His hotel point status got us upgraded from a normal room to a huge jr. suite that overlooked Downtown Disney. We could also see Hollywood studios and Epcot. Luckily on the last night we were there it stopped raining long enough to see the fireworks from Epcot. The other awesome thing was that the closest Downtown Disney building from us was Earl of Sandwich (one of my favorite places to eat and it is making me sad that there isn't one by me anymore.) All American sandwich. MMMMMMMMM.

6. World Showcase- So every time we've been to Epcot we've sort of zoomed through the World showcase. This time we actually went into every country. Wow, it was amazing. That is one thing that I can applaud Disney on-- the details. Everything is perfect and in character.






5. The segway tour- Br has been wanting to do this but you have to be at least 16 to do it so E has limited our opportunity in the past. We went for it this time though. The normal tour consists of indoor training and then a tour through the world's showcase before it is open. Unfortunately it was raining so we didn't get to do the actual tour part. It was fun anyway.


4. Being a movie star- We got asked to play rolls in an action sequence that is part of the "backlot tour" attraction. Br wasn't too trilled but went along with it since he knew I was really really really excited about it. I played the captain and he was the deck hand that provided the comic relief. The only bummer is that we didn't get a picture of us doing the show but did get a picture on the tour train after the show.


3. Dole whip-I discovered this last trip. There is a little shack in Magic Kingdom right across from the Swiss Family tree house. It's a little pricey but oh so tasty. I get the Dole whip float which is Pineapple soft serve in pineapple juice. MMMMMMMM.

2. Rock'n roller coaster- This ride is by far my favorite of all time. It is soooo fun and I could ride it over and over and over again. I only rode it three time this trip though. It was fun because for the first time I got to ride with Br since we typically have to take turns watching E. This roller coaster launches you from 0 to 60 in 2.4 seconds then goes super fast in the dark through neon landmarks of LA. There are loops, turns, drops, corkscrews all while you are jammin to Aerosmith. I LOVE IT!


1. Spending time with Br- I love my E but it was great to spend some time away from him, away from work, in a fantasy land for a few day with the man I love. I'm so glad we decided to go!

4 comments:

Party of Two said...

That sounds like SO much fun, it also makes me crazy homesick, lol. FL does = rain, and usually it makes it even hotter! lol Rockin Rollercoaster is my favorite of Disney rides too, for Universal you HAVE to try the Hulk!

Amy said...

Okay, now that you are famous...can I have your autograph?? So glad the rain didn't stop you from having fun!

Pam Jorgensen said...

Hey Becky! DisneyWorld really looks fun...we really should go there someday!

Your little family is so cute! Good to find you!

ALLRED FAMILY said...

Looks like a BLAST!!