Thursday, August 7, 2008

Mr. Independent

Yes this make three posts in one day. I must be bored.

In any event E's search for new parents continues. He's tried out every friend we have here and his latest candidates were a lady at the park and one at the shoe store. He just walks up and gives this look that says "Please pick me up". I feel bad because more often than not his nose is runny or his pants are stinky.

Today I think he was testing his theory that he doesn't need parents at all. I took him to the pool and for the majority of the time he screamed if I tried to hold on to him. He just walked around the pool on his tippy toes with a huge smile on his face until he would wander where the water would go over his head. At that point he would "swim" until I lifted him up -- still with a big smile on him face. Then I would have approximately 2.5 seconds to get him back to where he could stand so he could repeat the process. By the end of the day he did snuggle in my arms on the way out. I guess his experiment has ended-- for now.

No comments: