I just realized that I never finished posting about our Halloween season (and yes it is an entire season around our house). I previously mentioned that although he wore a pirate and firefighter costumes to various events, E would want me to mention that was NOT what he was actually was for Halloween this year. E was actually a GHOST!
I guess where I should pick back up with our Halloween story is the Saturday before Halloween. I managed to finish up his costume, experiment with a cupcake idea "borrowed" from the great Loralee Lewis
feed animals, took pictures
played games
and of course picked pumpkins
all before heading over to the church chili cook-off, dance
and trunk-or-treat.
I apologize for my horrible run-on sentence. I'm trying to get through this whole wrap up before it's time for me to prep the dinner table for Thanksgiving dinner.
After our adventurous, and really busy Saturday, we wrapped up one of E's favorite times of the year at the Storybook Forest. It was a little bit of a sell to convince E that although he's never been traditional trick-or-treating, it would be worth missing out another year to visit the storybook forest. E--"a real forest?" "is it spooky?", "is it Haunted?", "Are there ghosts living there?". Luckily he and his sister were so excited once we arrived that he didn't even care that it wasn't really spooky or haunted. They were so memorized seeing all the storybook stories come to life that they had to be reminded to collect the candy along the walk.
We finished the night up eating candy, playing games, taking a hay ride, siting by the fire making s'mores,
running into some friends, and then winding down with a little story time. And I guess that wraps up our Halloween season.
Thanks to my little ghost and princess for making it so memorable.



1 comment:
I can't wait for next Halloween. Your children enjoy it so much! I've got to make sure NO EVENTS are scheduled so I can come. xo mom
Post a Comment