Thursday, November 3, 2011

A little random catch up

Like I said in a previous post, I finally cleared out the card on the camera and did a little organizing of photos on the computer. Here are some pics that I came across that I missed posting in the past.

On labor day we took a little trip to the local amusement park. Miss A cracked me up when she'd get excited on a ride and exclaim "I'm a big girl!"I guess I never posted a picture of my completed Mary Poppins cake. I kept meaning to take a better picture, but it will probably never happen so this one will have to do. And speaking of cakes made for the Tulsa Fair, I forgot I had captured E in his cake baking and decorating element. And I also caught him red-handed, um I mean black mouthed after he polished off some of my cake supplies. While I'm posting pictures of cake disasters, here's a recent one. The cake started off like thisAll that needed to be added was the 3 in the "13" and the feather toppers. That is until I got a call that the bottom tier had completely collapsed and the middle one was looking a little sad. So after I finished this cake I got the fortune of remaking the bottom two tiers of the pink zebra-striped mess. The incident almost made me retire, but for now, I've just resolved that I will be personally delivering cakes from now on. And lastly, I can't believe I never posted these pics. I don't think anyone has ever made drinking root beer so fun.

2 comments:

angiehd said...

What darling pictures, especially the ones of Miss A and of E baking!!!! When I was chatting with you today (Sunday), I hadn't even realized you had two posts that I had missed, including the Chim Chiminy cake. I guess I had looked at the post on the 1st and didn't expect posts on the 2nd and 3rd!

I'm so glad we got to see you today! Come anytime you like, and bring Br and the kiddies, too!!!!! Love ya!!!!!!

tori said...

My grandchildren are so photogenic. Miss A has an amazing smile! xo