The first (actual) surprise was when Br brought these home during lunch time on my birthday to brighten my day a little and break up my usual day. Isn't he sweet.
The fun continued Friday when she--
and her family arrived on my front porch with these
Then my sister J and I headed to my "surprise" party. Actually it was mostly a surprise. I didn't know anything about it. At the last minute I was told to dress up. Not really sure how to dress up I put on an apron and a chef's hat and called myself good. Br looked at me and said, "it would be better if you were dressed more with the theme." I asked him what the theme was but he said "Oh, I can't tell you. They will kill me".
I approached the house and was welcomed with this sign

So through the rabbit hole we went

Where we found fun people looking absolutely fabulous (they were nice enough to let me change my hat so I didn't look so out of place). 


and the perfect way to celebrate a 30th birthday -- with a little unbirthday tea party in Wonderland. I've been dying to have a Wonderland birthday for years so I can't believe that I got one. It was actually like plan E or F or G or something after plan after plan fell through. How glad am I that they didn't work out because the night couldn't have been any more perfect. Seriously so perfect. I mean look at it.
(gotta love the cat and caterpillar)


Lacie (pictured above) was the humble winner.
And a tea party isn't complete without stuffing your face with sugary goodness.
It was such a special night and so much fun. Thank you to my mom and sister for making extra long trips to come. Huge thanks to Br for many many hours of planning for those other parties that didn't end up happening, making such a special pizza order, helping to make the final magical night possible, and for watching the kids. You are the best husband ever! And a Gigantic thank you to the creative geniuses Candice and Lacie for all your hard work and planning to put together the perfect party. Have I mentioned it was perfect? THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
4 comments:
HOW FABULOUS! You are a lucky lady!
That looks amazing. I am so impressed that your friends managed to throw a party that was as cool as one you would have thrown. Those decorations and treats were off the charts. Plus the lawn games... wow.. they really do know you well.
That is so totally awesome!!! They went all out. I love the decorations!
lol!!!! lol!!! that was a good blog about your party. I am still laughing from the picture of me being the "humble" winner :0) ha ha ha. that was the funnest night ever! I love you Becky you deserved every bit of it.
Post a Comment