Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Have you ever...

...been at home when you are getting a new shingled roof installed. If you haven't it goes something like this... tromp, tromp, tromp, boom, boom, boom, scrape, scrape, boom, knock, knock, knock, boom, knock, knock, knock, knock, knock, boom, etc. It's sort of like when you live in an apartment and swear that an entire herd of rhinos live upstairs. I think you get the picture. I've caught myself about a billion times thinking someone was at the door. I'm warning people now, if you knock on my door in the next few days, or maybe even weeks, I might not hear you because I've learned to tune out anything that resembles that sound.

The biggest shock came when Miss A was able to nap through it all and that both kids slept in this morning despite the fact that they were hard at work tromping, and booming, and knocking at 7:30 this morning. (I think the kids get their ability to sleep through anything from mommy).

On a sort of related note, have you ever walked outside your house to find a burrito truck in your driveway. Well I did. I'd seen it around my neighborhood feeding all the roofing crews but I was lucky enough for it to pick my driveway to pull up in. No, I didn't buy anything --but my bro-in-law did (he can check 'eating from a random burrito truck' off his bucket list).

No comments: