So the moral of the story is if the opportunity to come to OK presents itself, just go with it!
Monday, April 26, 2010
Oklahoma is O.K.
Actually it's better than OK. I just thought that would make a snappier title.
The end of this week marks our one year anniversary in Oklahoma. Despite my resistance to the move (in fact my pregnant and hormonal self cried nearly the entire 3 hr drive back to DFW after our first house hunting trip here) looking back on the past year the only thing that makes me a little sad is that I still have naked walls in my house. I'm slightly embarrassed that it took me ending up upside down in a ditch on the side of the highway for me to stop resisting the move and realize what is really important-- being with family. Br's job here has allowed for previously unimaginable family time. Something like that is priceless. It also didn't take all that for us to find out place in Oklahoma. We have a nice house, happy kids and a happy dog, lots of family time, and nice friends. Not really anything to complain about. I remember when we decided to take the job here Br tried to comfort me by saying, "Everyone I know that lives in OK absolutely LOVE it." My response was, "Yes, but have they ever lived anywhere else?" I mean when you think of Oklahoma what pops into your head? You can't deny that at least one or two lines from a song from the musical get stuck in your head. Or maybe you have images of the dust bowl due to books you read in high school. Whatever it is, I'm pretty sure very few of you would have selected Oklahoma as the answer to the question "If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?" But it turns out all those people who love it here weren't crazy, it IS a good place to live. For the most part we've met two groups of people here. About half the people are from OK and love it enough to stay here. The other half were like us, would never have ever thought of moving to Oklahoma but had some event that led them here and once they got here have enjoyed their experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so glad you came to Oklahoma!!! Even though it's not a super-glamorous state. :) You make it more so!
When in OK are you? We are heading out to Enid the first week of June. I am way sad...no Target!!! :)
Post a Comment