Saturday, March 20, 2010
Pre-Spring Break
Last week was spring break and any faithful readers or long time friends should know what has recently come and gone in the Melton home. Of course what I'm talking about is Fry-day Friday (always held on the Friday before spring break). This year actually marked the 10 anniversary and we had a handful of friends over to help us celebrate. We hung out, kids bounced in the bounce house, adults played band hero and of course we ate-- A LOT. This year's menu included: scones, fries, chicken, egg rolls, onion rings, cheese sticks, mushrooms, zucchini, beef, pineapple, Twinkies, oreos, and sugar free peanut butter cups and sandwich cookies (for a few of us who aren't eating sugar right now-- yes ,I realize that it is a little silly to worry about sugar intake when you are eating about a million calories worth of fried stuff).
Don't worry, we rounded out the "meal" with some unfried fruits and veggies.
Most of all I want to give Br a great big "THANK YOU" for being our chef and humoring me every year in my gluttonous tradition.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I cannot believe you are still doing Fry Day. That is so awesome. Are you not eating sugar? I am so proud. I can't deprive myself of anything these days.
Sounds like a lot of fun!
What did you think of the pineapple? Be honest.
I really miss Fry-day Friday! That was always the best... fried Twinkies are a fave of mine. The mushrooms are amazing too! Wish you were closer, so we could have been in on the fun!
Post a Comment