Beware, I am currently BUI, blogging under the influence (of pain killers). The past few weeks have been nonstop. I've had lots of things I've thought about blogging about but never a spare moment to actually type.
First of all let me just say I live in an unreal neighborhood. I mean we had at least four different neighbors bring over goodies and introduce themselves. One neighbor even made a huge coffee cake but was then concerned we were allergic to nuts and made about 2 dozen sugar cookies to go with it. There was even a little welcome wagon woman (I honestly didn't think those really existed). I think this means I'm going to have to be a good neighbor now.
Thanks to lots of family (we consider the Kelly's family) we've been pulling this house together. Over Memorial Day weekend my mom came up and helped me scrape wallpaper off the walls of the hall bathroom and Br spent an entire day unpacking the garage. What a mess. I also finished my first nesting project -- appropriately it was a bird mobile for the baby's room (pics to follow once I get it hung up).
Wallpaper AHHHHHH!


That week I fit in more than double my hours for work and got a lot more help around the house when Kelly and her fam came up to visit. She cleaned my house, made me freezer meals that will last us months, played with my poor neglected son, helped me finish getting wallpaper off my bathroom (I say mine because the master bedroom has two bathrooms in it one for me and one for Br), taped trim to prepare rooms for painting, and gave me much needed girl talk and adult female contact. She even forgave me for my freak out when I finally hit my stress breaking point the last night she was staying with us. I know, I don't deserve to have such a great friend, but I'm sure grateful I do. Thanks to all Kelly's hard work (since it definitely had nothing to do with me) my house was put together enough to welcome a few of Br's uncles and aunt who flew up from Houston to help us paint. Thanks to all of them for their help. The house looks great.
A previously wallpapered bathroom-- now just a clean blue

The second day I was in the hospital Br's mom came to help watch E. By the time I came home my house was perfectly clean again.
Thank you Thank you Thank you to all my neighbors (friends, family, loved ones) old and new for helping me pull things together.
First of all let me just say I live in an unreal neighborhood. I mean we had at least four different neighbors bring over goodies and introduce themselves. One neighbor even made a huge coffee cake but was then concerned we were allergic to nuts and made about 2 dozen sugar cookies to go with it. There was even a little welcome wagon woman (I honestly didn't think those really existed). I think this means I'm going to have to be a good neighbor now.
Thanks to lots of family (we consider the Kelly's family) we've been pulling this house together. Over Memorial Day weekend my mom came up and helped me scrape wallpaper off the walls of the hall bathroom and Br spent an entire day unpacking the garage. What a mess. I also finished my first nesting project -- appropriately it was a bird mobile for the baby's room (pics to follow once I get it hung up).
Wallpaper AHHHHHH!
That week I fit in more than double my hours for work and got a lot more help around the house when Kelly and her fam came up to visit. She cleaned my house, made me freezer meals that will last us months, played with my poor neglected son, helped me finish getting wallpaper off my bathroom (I say mine because the master bedroom has two bathrooms in it one for me and one for Br), taped trim to prepare rooms for painting, and gave me much needed girl talk and adult female contact. She even forgave me for my freak out when I finally hit my stress breaking point the last night she was staying with us. I know, I don't deserve to have such a great friend, but I'm sure grateful I do. Thanks to all Kelly's hard work (since it definitely had nothing to do with me) my house was put together enough to welcome a few of Br's uncles and aunt who flew up from Houston to help us paint. Thanks to all of them for their help. The house looks great.
A previously wallpapered bathroom-- now just a clean blue
The second day I was in the hospital Br's mom came to help watch E. By the time I came home my house was perfectly clean again.
Thank you Thank you Thank you to all my neighbors (friends, family, loved ones) old and new for helping me pull things together.
2 comments:
Beautiful job with the bathroom, but if I had seen a pic of the wallpaper, I never would have let you tare it down...it was so beautiful! What we're you thinking?
I love the blue bathroom! Will you post pictures of the other rooms too?
Post a Comment