So I really should be working right now, but I am just not in the mood to be editing and Installation guide for septic systems. shhhh... don't tell on me.
Thank you for humoring me through my last post. I really felt bad about it and Br was stuck out of town due to the icy roads so I have nobody to talk it out with. Sorry.
In any event, things have been super busy around here. Both Br and I have been left with little spare time (for being social or blogging) due to work responsibilities and travels. Fortunately one of our recent trips had nothing to do with work. We went to my sister's in Baltimore for Thanksgiving. My dad was out there visiting at the same time too. We had a nice visit with them all. It was a quick trip with little time to do anything but just spend time with family. We did manage to sneak away to the National Aquarium for a few hours. While we waited outside for our turn to go in, E kept himself busy pushing his cousin around in a stroller, chasing seagulls and trying to jump in the harbor (and I mean that very literally). Once inside he got a little mad when I kept him from climbing into the ray tank. I'm guessing if he could tell me what he wanted to be when he grew up it would be a scuba diver or marine biologist or member of a polar bear club. Here are a few pics from the trip. Check out the new Winter slide show if you haven't gotten you fill of Melton and Goodson pics.
Our Hosts
Our new nephew
My niece demonstrating that she loves her brother
This is pretty much how E felt about the whole Thanksgiving meal
E and his cousin played, fought and play fought E before the aquarium
E inside the aquarium
E about 3/4 way through the aquarium. He's asleep on Pappy because he wouldn't let me or Br anywhere near him for most of the weekend.
My lack of time has also resulted in a lack of jumping into the holiday cheer. I have yet to really do any Christmas shopping. Not good. We've barely just put up or tree this week and E took no delay in undecorating it. I'm also bummed because I haven't made a single holiday treat, and I just don't know that it's going to happen this year. I guess I still have a week to try and pull something off but I guess if it doesn't happen, I have 372 more days to try again before next year. For all of you who haven't spent a Christmas with me, I really am usually more festive than this. Please give me one more year to prove it.
4 comments:
I believe in you, lol. I am actually going to be making some treats on Saturday for Jimmy's customers, you are more than welcome to come over :)
I know how festive you usually are and I feel bad that life has been so unkind lately. Just know that HF loves you even when you don't decorate or make treats. I feel the same way this year. I finally this week put a wreath on the door so my neighbors would stop asking if there was a crisis in our family. My tree is not up and may not make it this year. I feel bad about it, but I am doing my best. :-)
Don't let yourself feel guilty about not making treats. The holidays are about family and having fun and it sounds like you are getting as much of both those things in as you can. Plus, I feel like if you want to you can make holiday treats all the way through New Years... and if not, then just knock our socks off in Valentines day.
Some years are just rougher than others. This is the first year I actually got my shopping and wrapping done with days, not minutes to spare!
What a fun trip with Patty and Nate! I love E's face from the dinner pic. I had to show Ryan!
Post a Comment