Mind you that when I sat down to the computer to make this post I had no idea that it's been almost a month since I last posted something. Sorry this is going to be a weird one (not for the faint of heart or weak in stomach), especially after such a long hiatus. We'll see if E agrees to let me on the computer long enough to write another post.
Anyway right now I'm feeling kind of really bad. Most of you probably don't know, but I really like lizards. When I was a kid they were by far my favorite animal up until my adolescence when my favorite became frogs, but lizards were still a close second. I loved when we moved to our current house because there are tons of really cool and really big lizards in our yard. Today one of my friends met his demise due to my carelessness. I pulled out of the garage to go pick up E. My habit is to back up then stop and wait for the garage door to go all the way down before I go again so that I don't get paranoid as I'm driving away that I left my garage open. Right as the garage was almost completely closed I noticed a big lizard walking very slowly (probably because it is way too cold outside for cold blooded creatures), kind of like a dinosaur, towards the door. He was so slow and the door was coming down so fast. Turns out when a garage door and a lizard get in a fight the door wins. I thought that maybe if I opened the door fast then he could escape. Unfortunately he was a little too slow moving because I had already pushed the button to make it go back down after I decided it was a futile effort. The shock of him moving again made me open the door one more time. I waited a little bit, but by this point it was definitely too little too late. So now I'm feeling like a bad person because I've smashed one of my friends, not once, not twice, but now four times (since I did it again after returning from getting E). I'm a horrible person.
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
:( I'm sorry, i am a huge frog lover, have been since i was kid (i actually wanted Ike's theme to be frogs, but Jimmy said no). I also used to dangle lizards from my ears as earrings when i was younger (okay i still do this in FL).
You couldn't be convicted of anything because you lacked the necessary intent. You might just get sued by his family for negligence. If that happens, you should just settle. It it makes you feel better when I worked with the hoods in the woods, I ran over rabbits all the time. I felt kind of bad but didn't slow down or anything. Take a pic of a lizard sometime. I never see lizards.
If it's any consolation... the kids were fascinated by a lizard we found on the tennis courts. Ase was playing "peek-a-boo" with it back and forth around the net. Then, she got WAY too exciting and stepped on him. No,stomped on him. He wriggled to a slow death with one eyeball popped out and two crying girls. It too was a sad day.
Oh my gosh! You're not a bad person, but I could understand the feeling. Poor lizard, but don't beat yourself up. You tried to help!
Hey, didn't you have a newt at one point? Or was the lizard's name Newt? For some reason, it stands out to me, being at your house one Christmastime watching a claymation movie?
Post a Comment