Things have recently gotten very stirred up here in the Melton pot. At the tail end of our 3-week road adventure (which I started to blog about but got sidetracked for reasons I'm about to explain) a head hunter made Br aware of a position in Houston that would provide some great career opportunities. Ironically right before I left on my trip Br was thinking about interviewing for a few positions in DFW but decided that it was time to resolve to stay in OKC and embrace the opportunities we've been given there. Over the past few years, every 4 to 6 months Br would interview for a position with various companies in Texas. The interview would go fabulously and while we'd wait for the official offer we'd start to make preparations for the move. We'd get really excited about things because it would always seem like it was a perfect choice. But after prayer to confirm what we wanted we'd get the answer over and over that we were meant to stay where we were. It was quite an emotional roller coaster. In any event, we had just resolved to stop the nonsense and bloom where we were planted. When the head hunter called, Br was initially going to say no because of our new resolve, but something made him say that at least he'd interview. He spent some time before meeting with them to reexamine his career goals and for the first time ever when he explained them to me I thought, "Hey, that actually sounds like you". Fast forward a little (only maybe a month) to me typing this in a hotel room on a house-hunting trip to Houston. I could explain more everything that went down, but what it really boils down to is that when we prayed about this opportunity, even though it doesn't make any more sense than the other opportunities that have arisen in the past, the Lord made it clear that this is right. So we're diving right into this new adventure. Wish us luck.
And now to my favorite lines of July.
We were getting ice cream cones. E heard Br order 4 ice cream cones and got really concerned. E-"why you not ask for ice cream? You just asked for the cone." Br-"I did order ice cream" E- "Oh they just know to ice cream in the cone?"
E-"Mommy, do you pay daddy." Me-"No, why would I?" E-"Because of all the great things daddy does."
I got into the car with the kids. As usual, E was trying to convince me that I needed to buckle him. I told him he was capable and needed to do it himself. He also needed to put his shoes on. Then he complained about having to do that by himself and gave me a list of reasons why I needed to do that for him as well. A few minutes down the road E started to be a little bossy with Miss A telling her she was too little to do certain things so he could do it but she couldn't because he was older. He said he had to teach her how to do this or that because he was older and wiser. Miss A paused for a second and then responded, "yeah, but I can put my own shoes on". -- well played little girl.
Monday, August 6, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's exciting! Congrats on your upcoming adventure!
Grandpa loved the shoe thing!
Post a Comment