Monday, September 3, 2012

The comings and goings of August

I know, I know, I know,  I've been really slacking off when it comes to this whole blog thing.  I'm AM going to do better.  But I guess since I forgot to post during the month of August, it's time for another summary.  

The month was filled with birthday and anniversary celebrations, good bye's with lots of loved ones in OKC, LOTS and LOTS of cleaning and organizing, driving to and from Houston a few times for house hunting, reuniting with friends from our past, first days of work and first days of school.  

On the way down to Houston, we made a little stop at the perfect destination for a little R&R and escape from reality-- Rough Creek.  In addition to the usual activities Mr. E decided to add zip lining to his repertoire (yes the same zip line I did the walk of shame after I chickened out at the top a year ago) Miss A cried and cried that she was just slightest bit too small for the harness.  I have no idea where these thrill-seekers came from. 
We had a week in H-town to recoup a little before E's first day of Kindergarten and our first experience being on a very regimented early (for us) daily schedule.  The day finally came and surprisingly he sprang from his bed and was ready to go.  
 
He still had the smile of his face when Miss A and I came to pick him up.  
 
I burst his bubble a little that night when I told him he needed to go to bed because we had to get up early again for school.  E- "I have to go again?  I thought you said it was the only day of school?"  Me-"I said first, not only". E- "Ahhhhh".  Despite the reluctance to return, he had a good first week.  He only went to time out once.  I asked him why and he said "well it's kind of daddy's fault.  He told me to count my friends and so I was counting my friends and the teacher told me to stop talking but I wasn't done counting so I didn't stop and so I had to go to time out."  Definitely daddy's fault.

Miss A and I kept busy doing this and that, discovering things to do around our new home.  We went swimming, went to Vegas for toddlers (A.K.A Chuck-E-Cheese), did a little shopping, toured our soon to be new house (fingers crossed), and shopped around for a new gym.  Shhhhh, don't tell E that we have fun without him. 

And lastly, my favorite line from this month was from Miss A as she was watching a Goofy cartoon and Goofy literally got his socks knocked off (or knocked out of them):
Miss A--"Hey, he's a dog.  Dogs don't wear socks!"

And now to attempt to FINALLY post about our summer vacation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tell E that I always feel the same way after the first day of school each year! I surely do love your family!