I'm going to make an attempt to capture my favorite moments into a monthly post. Don't expect them to be profound, or all that amusing. It's just a few little things I want to remember. Here's my first attempt.
One afternoon it was a really nice day and we had nothing to do so we headed to the zoo. After staying until closing, I turned to the kids and said, "I had a really fun time with you guys". A was a little confused at how I was able to have a good time because "Um but you didn't actually play".
E stopped to lick the fingers on his left hand while he flipped the pages of his Lego instructions with his right. When I asked him what why he was doing that he said "cuz that what daddy does"
On two separate nights, Miss A expressed to me that she really wants to be bigger like me. On the first night she said, "so that I can take big bites of my apple like you". On the second, "So I don't destroy the house anymore."
E got a little game in him Chick fil A meal where you are given cards with things to act out (Finally not just a book he wants to exchange for an ice cream cone). We were eating with some friends and one by one he acting them out. We'd almost immediately guess correctly. EVERY time we got the same response. He would jump up with a twinkle in his eye and a smile on his face while throwing his arms up in the air and yell "Correct!" with the enthusiasm the SNL Target lady says "Approved!".
Last week there was a particularly gloomy day where is rained off and on. My kids were perfect for brightening it up. When I was coming out of Target with just E, I picked him up so he could avoid the puddles and he said, "It's raining now. I'll be our umbrella". I held him up high as and held his arms out as we laughed the whole way to the car. Later in the day, I was picking Miss A up from class. When she walked outside and saw that is was raining she yanked her hand out of mine and refused to give it back. Right before I started to reprimand her for not holding my hand in the parking lot she explained, "I'm holding my umbrella". And she was-- hold a little invisible umbrella very daintily with both hands as she sang "Chim chimney" while strolling in the rain to the car. Totally worth getting a little wet.
Monday, April 9, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
These are my favorite posts. You are a great writer.
Wonderful!!!
Post a Comment