Sunday, January 1, 2012

Taking a break-Part 2.1 Miss A's big moment

About a week before we left on our trip I told Miss A we would be going to Disneyland.  She was super excited about going to the castle and meeting the princesses.  Then a light went off in my head.  I told my sweet little girl, who'd been wearing pull-ups since March and only pretending that she didn't know how to use the bathroom, that the princesses only met big girls and she could still wear baby diapers if she wanted but she would have to wear panties if she wanted to meet the princesses.  (It's okay to stretch the truth a little to get a stubborn child out of diapers right?)  I was testing fate trying to potty train a child right before traveling (that's what did our progress in last time), but my hopes that her motivation would pull us through the potentially soggy times.  She did, in fact, take the bait (which led us having to take her into an airplane bathroom more times on one flight then I think I've ever been in one my whole life) and by the end of the trip we still had all the extra clean changes of clothes still in her suitcase. 

When we finally made it to CA, She (and I) lucked out when daddy spotted a princess lunch and got the two of us a reservation.  
I had such a fun time watching my little princess's face light up when she saw the other princesses.  





I'm not going to lie, I enjoyed myself (especially because Miss A was distracted enough to allow me to eat my DELICIOUS meal)


No more diaper changing, A met her idols, I got one tasty meal. 
One satisfied mommy.  One promise fulfilled. One over-the-moon girl.
Definitely the happiest place on earth

1 comment:

tori said...

Oh my goodness. She looks so happy - just like me when I got to have breakfast with the characters. Love, love the pictures! Would love to have a set. xo