I guess when you label a post "part 1" you have to follow it up with at least a part 2. So let me pick up before I interjected with my crazy self assured daughter. (by the way, this is her as a barbie doll-- I was in the picture too until she informed me that I was not welcome to pose with her and essentially kicked me out of the box)
After leaving St. George we headed to Sunny California. I felt like my kids needed a more well rounded Disney theme park experience so I've been begging Br to let us go to Disneyland (I'll come up with an argument for Paris, Hong Kong, and Tokyo later). I was able to work a little magic and we managed to spend a couple days with our good friend Mickey. It was fun to see the kids experience some of their favorites from Florida (and point out the differences) -- Pirates of the Carribean went something like this "I not seen that before, I not seen that before, Look another bones, I not seen that before..." There were also tons of things new to them. E finally got to ride Space Mountain and riding in a bobsled with my two-year-old thrill-seeker with arms raised as we zipped through the Matterhorn was priceless. Another thing CA has that FL doesn't is this--
and
For the purposes of this post we shall call it a pirate ship-- since of course any boat with a mast in the Melton house is a pirate ship. E had the time of his life exploring the ship--above and below deck.
For the first time we let the kids get autographs from their favorite friends.
I'm glad I found the books at the dollar store because Miss A lost hers by the second day. Oh and I swear E was more excited to see the characters than he looks in the pictures.
We played make-believe inside and outside, night and day.
We explored and made our own adventures
and of course, we rode rides.
Before leaving the coast we took a quick trip out to Santa Monica to visit cousin Cici and let Miss A see the ocean for the first time.
This may seem cliche, but in the end, the best part of our trip was just spending time together. Thanks Br for finally giving in.









1 comment:
Looks like a "practically perfect" trip! Thanks for sharing - wish I could have gone!
Post a Comment