Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Favorite conversations week of 8/21

E often tells me to close my eyes and follow him and no peeking (without grabbing my hand or anything).

When E finally settled down from his all-out meltdown about having to leave gymnastics after his class was over, he said: "Mom, I'm allergic to leaving".

Miss A asked her teacher on her first day back to school, "Does mommy miss me?"

E was looking through a sporting goods store add and began to explain to me that the items on a certain page were for deer hunting.
E-"We should buy this gun for daddy to shoot the deer and then we can eat it."
Me- "I don't think that daddy likes to shoot deer. There usually isn't a reason to shoot deer"
E-"Hmm. Well, sometimes deer can be mean and attack you and so you have to shoot them. That's what happens in my dreams sometimes."
He then spent a good chunk of his morning cutting out pictures from that add and telling me exactly why we needed each item to protect us from the inevitable threat from deer.

E's homework last week was to tell the names of all of his family members. We worked on it every day multiple times a day because he just insisted my name was Mommy Melton. He was still at that point when it came time to "turn in" his homework on Friday. When I picked up Miss A that day from her class the whole drive home she asking, "what's E's name?, what's A's name?, what's daddy's name?, what's mommy's name?" Then when we got home she was trying to get my attention. When I didn't respond to mommy she yelled "B".

When we were all getting ready for bed I decided to take my brazier off. Miss A immediately started yelling at me "You put that back on! Put it on!" and then she did something to my chest that made me wish I had kept it on.

1 comment:

brit said...

What did Miss A do????