I know, I know, I've been posting in flood and famine form. Let me get one more post out of my system and then I'll spare you for a few days. Last weekend we went to a winter wonderland thing. For a $2 you could go to the community center and do about a billion different crafts, have your face painted, bounce in a bounce house, see Santa, have popcorn and drinks, and best of all play in melt proof snow. We made the mistake of going into the snow room first which meant we didn't make it to any of the crafts, face painting, etc. It was filled with about a foot of packing peanuts, white balloons, and paper covered boxes. It really did feel like you were out in snow but without the soggy cold. E even did some snow angels unprompted. When we first walked in I turned to Br and said "would you kill me if I tried to do this in our house next year?". I don't think he thought I was serious. Lucky for him I saw what a pain it was to clean the stuff off of E and realized that cleaning up the entire thing was going to be near impossible (so I've decided for now not to do it). At the end we were able to convince E to leave when we saw Santa walk down the hall. We had practiced telling Santa what he wanted for Christmas earlier in the day with his Santa potato head. He walked up and told him he wanted a "twain" then sat on his lap for a picture. The whole time E emitted glee and excitement. Overall I'm so glad we decided to take a little time out of an incredibly busy day. It was so worth it. 
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
The wait for pictures was totally worth it. Wow. I love the styrofoam snow room, and I can't believe you just "whipped up" your brownie pops and marshmallows! I am so impressed. And your kids are SO CUTE!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!! Wish you were closer.
Wow - that was really a treat to get so many blog entries and pictures. Love the snowmen - pops - snow room and oh my - my grandchildren are amazingly cute! Where is the slide show posted? xo mom
Haha! My youngest would flip. She has this bizarre fear of packing peanuts. Foam. Those exact things! What a fun idea though!
Post a Comment