Last week we were graced with the presence of my sister Jess, her husband Chris, our nephew Parker and their niece (not my niece). Jess and I had fun shopping for home decor. The kids had fun hanging out and "swimming" in our blow up pool. Jess kept us fed and my house clean. I accidentally kept the husbands hard at work the whole time. I didn't realize that my request for them to build a swing set would take much longer than the 6 hr build time the brochure promised. After a few hot mornings, afternoons and evenings, Chris got a bunch of bug bites and I ... I mean E got a swing set. Are Br and Chris studs or what? Thanks guys.
Our guests left early on the fourth so the holiday ended up being just a Melton family celebration. My original hopes and dreams for the 4th was to have a big BBQ but since I wore my husband (and grill cook) out with my home improvement requests I happily settled for just a relaxing/recuperation day. We ended up having a little family picnic in our backyard and played on the new swing set. To be a little festive, right before bed we all hopped in the car and drove around trying to find some fireworks. All of the little neighborhoods north of ours were having their own displays so we were able to park in a bank parking lot and watch like 6 fireworks shows at the same time. Good times.



2 comments:
That is the coolest swingset ever! Way to go, men.
House and backyard- covet, covet....
Post a Comment