So it's going to be hard for me (the stressed out hormonal woman) not to end up balling by the end of this post, but I have to do it because I have such fabulous people in my life right now who have gone above and beyond to show me their fantasticness and love and they all deserve a shout out. It started last Sunday when my overly creative and inspiring friend Loralee featured E's birthday party on her fantastic site No Fuss Fabulous. If you haven't checked her site out yet you really really really should. As she has inspired me to get the creative juices flowing and I felt overly honored that she would consider putting my party on her site. Thank you Loralee!
Midway through the week when I was contemplating whether to eat a sandwich, bowl of cereal or heat up one of the bags of frozen broccoli (I'm in the process of trying to clear out the fridge) for dinner my friend Amy called to see if I had dinner plans. She had made a pot roast and decided to that maybe I'd like some. Boy did I ever! Not only did she bring roast but she included mashed potatoes, carrots and rolls MMMMMMMM. It was just the thing I needed for dinner (and lunch the next day). I know my baby was grateful too since it was actually nourishing in comparison with all the candy and junk I've been stress eating all week. Thank you Amy!
By Friday I was overly spoiled and the generosity of my friends was only beginning. Despite the fact that I'd concealed my secret until only about two weeks ago, my friends here immediately put together a baby shower for me. I heard Lorelei was the brains behind it all but I know that Amy and Kelly also had a lot to do with how fantastic it was. I'm going to save the detail for a later post after I get some pictures but I wanted to say something now because I was overwhelmed with how wonderful it was. For now let me just say it was awesome! Thank you for everyone who came-- you all made for wonderful company and thank you hostesses for going above and beyond (and I mean it people, just you wait for the details).
A great bonus on top of the shower was that Kelly sent over tons of leftovers from the shower that served as our dinner Saturday night.
After being gone all week Br got Friday off and came home to help me finish the projects I deemed necessary to put the house on the market. Br was amazing. He worked the whole weekend straight and I mean no stop! He finished all the projects that I'd started and never finished. He made sure before the weekend was over that he'd done everything necessary for me to feel comfortable about putting the house up for sale. Br even made me a gourmet Sunday dinner out of the things left in the freezer-- a little surf (shrimp) and turf (Omaha steaks) over a potato cake sitting on top of Kelly's artichoke spinach dips with a side of grilled corn on the cob and sparkling grape juice to drink (there is officially little left in my fridge). THANK YOU BR!!!! My belly is filled with yummy food and a great stress has been lifted off my shoulders.
Thank you to E too for being a good boy this week and keeping yourself entertained so that I could get the long "to do" list done.
This week was also filled with lots of calls from family and friends that I hadn't talked to in a long time. I just have to say that this week could have horrible for me since I'm SO stressed about moving but it ended up being really good. It was because of all of you and your kindness. I know the Lord blessed me with such fabulous people in my life to help me get through this time. Thank you to him and to all of you!
3 comments:
You totally deserve it! We all are going to miss you so much! And Lorelei and Kelly did the whole thing! I was just clean up duty because I couldn't be there in the afternoon. I am glad you had a great time!
First of all, thank you!!!!!
You are one of the most fabulous people I know! I am going to miss you so much!!!! Everyone is. Call me and I'll help you move back ANYTIME!
I miss Hurst. There were a ton of great people there. miss it so much I had to go blog searching to get a taste of home. I"m sure they will miss your there.
Post a Comment