Sunday, February 8, 2009

Busy celebrating

So this post is going to be a little lame but I promise at the conclusion of this upcoming busy week I'll sit down and type up a quality post. The last week or so has been busy with celebrating so at least it was fun chaos.

Wed was our little man E's birthday. I was really excited to send some birthday treats (cupcakes decorated to look like his favorite treat crockcorn-- by the way I love the way he says "popcorn") with him to preschool. He was really excited to be bringing treats too. It made me happy that he was so happy.
E showed that he was ready to be one year older. In fact earlier this week he was cracking me up when I turned to see him sitting on the couch reading the cliff's notes for the Grapes of Wrath. The TV was on but he was honestly focusing on his "book". The kid carried it around with him and periodically stopped to read for over an hour. Granted he was only reading the cliff's notes and not the actual book, I'm still going to give him props since I'm pretty sure that I never actually read more than that either.

On to the end of the week. Grandma Tori arrived in town for our big birthday party Saturday. Br picked the theme of Ratatouille because it is one of his and E's favorite movies. I'll post more about the party later with some actual pictures but let me say it was really really fun to plan and attend. What made it more fun was that we joined forces with Amy, Ian and Liam so we could celebrate Liam's 2nd birthday as well. Thank you to them, my mom, and Brad for helping make it happen!

2 comments:

Kimpromptu said...

You look fabulous! And the treats and decor are divine! Happy birthday to E!

the Ottosens

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

Hey Becky- I have been stalking your blog for a while, but decided I would delurk! I have to say those popcorn cupcakes are absolutely adorable! You are so talented. I have enjoyed reading your blog and E is such a handsome stud.

Lauren