Monday, November 10, 2008

What I like about you

So I've had a lot of mommy and E time lately. I got lots of cuddling a week ago after E's surgery. We set up a train track today and actually got to play on it a while before E destroyed it (Any of you who have played with him know that is a huge thing since his first instinct is DESTROY). He even let me go into CVS today and get what I needed without pulling things off the shelf or screaming. It was awesome.

In any event I'd like to list my favorite things about him. Don't consider this all inclusive since I really do dig the kid, but I just thought he deserved some props.

*He gives the best kisses ever.

*I love how kind his eyes are and how bright they get when he gives a genuine smile.

*He's recently started holding my hand (which in the past he'd immediately drop to the flow and get mad when I'd do) and walking with me places.

*My favorite thing that he says is please (pronounced peas) because he usually says it with the aforementioned smile.

*My favorite sound is his random really cute "toot toot" when he sees a truck (random tangent- This started when a truck passed us on the freeway and honked it's horn. He immediately imitated it and that gave way my favorite noise. -- Even more random tangent, he cracked me up on the way to preschool a couple weeks ago when he started to sing along with the Rolling Stone's song Sympathy for the Devil (Sorry about the title)--You know the one that has the who who repeated over and over).

*Speaking of singing along, he's recently started lip syncing to songs. He still doesn't talk much so he doesn't know how to sing but he moves his mouth with a really cute enthusiasm when he really gets into a song. It cracks me up every time.

* I love his dancing. I can't help but be happy when I see it.

* You know I just love who he is in general.

Thank you E for being mine!

5 comments:

brit said...

AHHHH!

Elizabeth said...

This is the sweetest thing I've ever read. Great Kid!!!

Grandma JoJo

Amy said...

That is so great! You have inspired me do something similar soon!

The Albuquerque Sheps said...

I love that boy. He is growing up so fast! What surgery did he have...I am a horrible sister/auntie...please forgive me...love you guys!

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

Hi B, Br, and E! I hope you don't mind me reading your blog, I saw it listed on your facebook page. I had to leave a comment because your son is absolutely adorable and had to tell you..although I am sure you get stopped all day long being told so.

Lauren