Happy Summer Everyone!
One of my favorite things about summer is corn on the cob.
Midway through the week I sent a big manual I've been involved with out for national review (which means I don't have to look at it for a month or so) and I decided to celebrate that and the first day of summer by firing up the grill and making some sweet treats. Okay so I made Br fire up the grill. He is such a good guy from going along with all the crazy ideas that I come up with. We had lots of food, played bocce ball, Br's arcade basketball game, and the little kids all swam in the pool I got on clearance for $7.50 last fall (I saw it last week at Target for $35). The only disappointment was that nobody wanted to play croquet with me. I guess it's going to have to take a while from people here to get used to my kind of fun:) I had a really good time and hope others did too. The weirdest thing was that everyone was gone by like 9:30. It threw us off because our parties in Houston would go long after that. I guess the difference was all the little kids here. I think it is a sign that we are getting older. Can't stay up all night like the youngins any more. Sad.
4 comments:
You ARE indeed a creative woman, just for having a book and following the directions. You're many steps ahead of me. So...mind telling me what book you got your ideas from? AND...what's bocce ball?
I really wish we lived closer to you guys. I'd love to come to one of your awesome BBQ's. And I'd even play croquet with you (do you remember playing that together when we were little?).
Oh - I miss playing croquet and staying up to all hours!
The book is Hello cupcake. Bocce ball is also called lawn bowling. It is a European game similar to horseshoes and sort of curling or shuffle board where the object is to get big balls as close to a little ball as possible.
Post a Comment