The thing is the raccoon was coming to the porch to each the dog's food that we leave outside because E loves to play with/eat it. Now that I know I've fed the wildlife, I'm wondering which of the little ones I care for has been malnourished this whole time. If the raccoon has been eating the dog food then that probably means that Duchess has been eating more of E's food then I realized and if that is true then E has been eating less of his food. Maybe that's the reason he tries to eat the dog food.
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
The Masked Bandit
So last Thursday I looked out the back door window and saw a masked bandit creeping up the porch. It was almost a year to the date that the guy tried to break in the back door at our old house while I was standing right there... but this wasn't quite the same thing. This masked bandit was a HUGE raccoon. I've seen tons of squirrels in the backyard but didn't realize our little forest had other critters as well. The neighbors say there are a couple raccoons, some possums, lots of squirrels and possibly a fox. I feel a little like I'm living in the movie "Over the Hedge" except that the hedge is a fence. Seeing as I like that movie a lot I feel a little hypocritical. I vow not to call the verminator though.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment