Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Hoping my thumb turns green

(The first bloom of the flowers in my yard)

Happy Earth Day!! So this year I've decided to attempt to grow a garden. I've done it mostly because the side yard was pretty sad but very sunny. I've planted tomatoes, zucchini, salad greens, spinach, pumpkins, watermelons, cucumbers, a couple types of onions, hot peppers, herbs, and cantaloupe. I don't expect anything to actually grow but boy will I be excited if it does. Here's the before:


This is the After... or I guess the in between (cross your fingers)


The first things to sprout was my pumpkin. (To be fair I started it inside... but it has gotten bigger since it's been in the ground). I've already sworn that I won't carve a pumpkin this year unless it comes from my yard.

4 comments:

Lori said...

Look at you! You're so ambitious!

Kimpromptu said...

Grow plants grow! (chant this every time you go outside...I swear...it works!)

I'm jealous of your ambition and time and space. Good work!

Beau said...

HOBBS
Nice work with the garden. I definitely support the idea. I hope it grows some tasty food for you and the family.

The Albuquerque Sheps said...

That's awesome. I'm not brave enough to do that...I always say someday, but I never take the opportunity.