Thursday, November 1, 2012

OKC wrap up

Somehow I overlooked a few photos from OKC that I feel like should be part of the record.  Before leaving we had a little ward talent show.  The kids joined forces with the missionaries and the Stewart family for a little Step-in-Time dance along. Sis had no problem hanging as the practically perfect Poppins.

Our time in OKC had extreme highs and lows. It was a time we learned a lot about our family and a time that I had to have some deep introspection about what was really important to me.  When it was time to leave it was probably the most stressed I've even been about a move. My immune system revolted against me.  I broke out in eczema all over. My face was red and puffy and a case of angioedema which caused my eyelids to flop over my eyelashes added to my facial beauty. To add to it all I got a single shingle on my hand. I was stressed because the move happened very suddenly and needed to be completed quickly so we could be in Houston in time for E to start school.  And then more than anything I was super stressed about selling the house.  We bought the house because we needed to get settled.  I was never really in love with it and questioned whether we overpaid for it.  I'll be honest, despite my constant attempts at home improvement and decor, it never really felt like me. Due to the terms of our relocation package we had two different realtors come and give us the price they would list the house.  Their prices were so different that the company sent a third realtor to give a price. We were limited to what price we could list the house.  I was beyond angry. After listing the house we had constant showings but no interest. I was stressed. The buyout offer was ridiculously low. Because the realtors differed so much in their opinion on the house the company decided to offer us loss protection up to a certain amount. As the day deadline for receiving a bonus for selling the house on our own approached I stressed some more.  We finally received an offer. I was for well under what we were asking but for the exact amount that we would be protected by the loss protection. In the end, what seemed like a huge trial turned out to be exactly what we needed to walk away from the house without losing any money. We felt like the move was divinely lead and this experience showed us that the Lord was supporting us through the transition. Goodbye 3009 Oak Hollow Rd. 



No comments: