Monday, October 20, 2014

June

June was the beginning of what turned into a VERY busy summer.  We started the month out right celebrating Miss A's 5th bday.  Per her selection, we had a fine birthday dining experience at Chuck E Cheese.
Her requested party theme was Hello Kitty fashion.  
At some point in the planning process as I was surrounded by uber girlie pink decor and party favors, I realized the irony as I had completely rejected those things in the early life of my little girl.  I made the girls pink "skirt" purses and the boys Kerropi and Tuxedo Sam inspired bow ties.
 

I also tried my hand at making felt plushies of my favorite San Rio characters.
 
At the party, we decorated Hello Kitty and Kerropi cookies.  A few of them almost resembled some characters rather than a cookie piled with as much frosting and candy as possible.
We played some games, made bracelets, took apart a pinata, and in honor of the most fashionable kitty around, the ladies strutted their stuff in a fantastic fashion show
 
and then ate Hello Kitty-themed treats--a huge sandwich, bow rolls, fruit, cupcakes, and a few things I found when I raided the treat section at the Asian market.    

For some reason, I must have decided that June wasn't going to be busy enough getting ready for girls camp and planning a 10th anniversary trip with the hubby (more about that later), look back through my calendar I apparently thought it would be a good idea to throw a second party. 

This time it was a baby shower for a girl at church. 

No comments: