Thursday, September 18, 2014

I hate when I end up making excuses when making goals

I should know better than to publish a goal about getting caught up in blogging.  It's always at times when you think you will have tons of spare time that life really gets rolling.  Shortly after I declared that I was going to get completely updated our ward (church congregation) split (got rezoned) and my new calling (responsibility) at church became young women's president (overseeing the youth program for girls 12-18).  At the time I was also in full planning mode as the assistant stake camp young women's camp director (assisting in putting on a 5 day overnight camp for the aforementioned church girls for a collection of 7 congregations).  Between those church responsibilities, planning Miss A's 5th birthday, a 10-year-anniversary trip with Br, and then a surprise move to Colorado,  I didn't manage to make my catch-up goal.  Now as I sit in a small two-bedroom apartment in Littleton, Colorado with very few commitments and responsibilities, I'm hopefully going to motivate myself to spend some time actually catching up since as life has attempted to teach me, it is unlikely that I will have this much downtime again in the near future.  Hopefully, there will be actual posts to follow this before another list of excuses for my slacking. 

No comments: