It seemed like we were barely back into the school year when it was time for Fall break. (The time between the beginning of school and the break seems even shorter when I'm quickly moving through the timeline in an attempt to catch up on 6 months of blogging). E had a long 4 day weekend, and I couldn't just sit put, so the kids and I headed on a little road trip. I should admit that my original plan was to recruit another person at least half as crazy as I am to get in a car with me with all of our kids and power through the drive to and from Orlando for a whirlwind Disney trip. I'd like to say that I didn't do it because I came to my senses, but it was actually because the other mom and kids I'd conned into going with me got sick. Let's be honest, it's probably for the best that the insane plan fell through.
In any event, I ended up setting my sights on a more practical destination and we headed to G-ma T's house in Dallas. Destination 1-- Legoland-- the discovery center that is. Although not an entire theme park dedicated to Mr. E's favorite building blocks, we had a very enjoyable morning of fun. We did lots of posing on and with giant legos,
watched a 4-D movie,
rode some rides (I'm not sure if it was just a tease, or if it helped give us a temporary ride fix)
and of course made a few "creations".
After hitting Legoland hard, we headed back to G-ma T's so she could get ready for a wedding and we could get ready for a royal engagement. My little knight (I should have taken a pic when he was actually all dressed up) and princess joined me for a royal feast while we cheered on the golden knight. Yes, I'm talking about the one and only Medieval Times.
Wow, they gave us a lot of food. At one point Miss A told the waiter,
you're giving me too much food, don't bring any more" and then got mad when he brought dessert. Mr. E was convinced if he drank enough soda out of his mug that he'd get drunk. Yeah, that didn't happen, but we did have to take a bathroom break in the middle of the show.
you're giving me too much food, don't bring any more" and then got mad when he brought dessert. Mr. E was convinced if he drank enough soda out of his mug that he'd get drunk. Yeah, that didn't happen, but we did have to take a bathroom break in the middle of the show.
I took the kids back to G-ma T's house to sleep off their feast. The next day we headed to G-ma T's favorite place to take us, the Dallas Arboretum. The kids enjoyed getting out and running around, seeing the flowers and pumpkin displays.
They loved the hay maze,
pumpkin carriage,
and pumpkin houses.
We saw everything we wanted to see just in time for it to really start raining. We returned back to G-ma T's house and spent some nice time quiet time visiting and watching a movie. I'm pretty sure Mom and Yossi let me sneak away for a little nap. Our plan was to stay another day and go to the state fair, but since the rain was supposed to continue through the next morning, and we felt bad we were having fun without were missing Daddy, we got in the car and headed home a little earlier than expected. No, our trip wasn't to "the happiest place on Earth", but we sure were happy while we were there. I guess practical can be fun. Thanks, Mom for taking us in!






1 comment:
It was super fun to have you here! Our new house has lots more room so hope you can come more! xoxoxoxo
Post a Comment