Sunday, October 20, 2013

I'm not sure where the summer went

The slight chill in the air (meaning 77 rather than 90) means that I can't deny that it is not summer anymore.  I guess it's about time to finally get some posts up about what kept us so busy.  

I guess I'll begin right where I left off.  I just got these pictures hot off the press zip drive from a friend who was fabulous enough to capture a few extra pictures for me at Miss A & Mr. W's birthday party.  
 
 Fishing in McElligot's Pool

 Ring the Gack soon became ring the tree.  I'm still pretty sure there are still a couple colorful rings stuck in the trees 4 months later. 
Wesley's mom rounded up some neighborhood "big kids" that helped out with the games and planting truffula trees.  This picture was taken at the beginning of the party.  You'll begin to notice the expression of the kids' faces begin to droop a little.  I would like to think this was mostly due to the fact that it was HOTTER than Hades that morning.  Yertle's sad little pond became an oasis. 
The kids were good sports to sit through our little puppet rendition of Green Eggs and Ham in our Fox in Sock puppet theater. 
 
 
They humored me again for story time after eating the cake (which had a little extra lean to it because it was so HOT).  
 At the end of the party, I attempted to gather the kids together for the pinata, but all but the birthday kids figure out that the best way to beat the HEAT was to start an all-out water fight in the back yard (I really can't blame them...did I mention it was HOT?)  A&W (I'm feeling another joint party theme coming on) didn't mind carrying on with the pinata without anyone else.  It was probably a good thing since Miss A found the string that released the contents of the cat in the hat's big box within a few attempts.
 Well, I guess now that I've posted the long-awaited pictures of the birthday party I have no more excuse to not move forward with our other summer adventures (I'll be honest.. I probably would have just now been posting them even if I'd gotten them earlier).

2 comments:

tori said...

Fun to see the pictures! It was super hot!

AuntieM said...

will you plan my next party? PLEEZ